Saturday, August 17, 2013

China Town in Sydney

     Yesterday, we went to Sydney.  We started off pigging out at Mackers.  We do not get enough protein throughout the week due to our budgets on food so $2 McDoubles and McChickens become pretty good.  Also, the ice cream is 30 cents. The cones are yummier than America's and taste sort of like a fortune cookie.
    Next, we went to Paddy's Market in China Town and bought souvenirs. I spent way too much money but got a lot of cool magnets, boomerangs, aboriginal dot paintings, and other knick-knacks.  Sadly, I plan on going back to buy more.  I maybe should get a third suitcase.
    While walking around China Town I signed a petition to stop live organ harvesting for prisoners in China.  The main prisoners it focused on was the Falun Dafa a group that focuses on meditation. Check out their website to learn about the horrors they go through.  http://en.minghui.org/  The one article I read about tortures with a toothbrush was super horrifying and disturbing. I am glad that I signed their petition.



No comments:

Post a Comment